Volunteering and civilian service
Do you want to contribute personally and on site? Do you want to have new experiences and pass on your skills to others? Then volunteering for Kids of Africa could change your life!
In the last five years, a total of around 50 volunteers from Switzerland, Europe and elsewhere have worked in our children’s village. Volunteers tend to work either in teaching or practical capacities.
We regularly have two to four volunteers working in our children’s village. Volunteering is an incredible opportunity to gain unique experiencing, pass on skills and do meaningful work.
All volunteers need to fulfil the same requirements in terms of their professional training.
- relevant professional training and/or experience
- good knowledge of English
- high levels of social skills and team focus
- a willingness to improvise
Educators also need to make at least a six-month commitment, so that the children are not exposed to separation situations any more than is necessary.
Manual worker volunteers provide various services in a variety of different time-frames. In our experience, the commitment can be anything between two weeks and two years.
What we offer:
- Food and lodging (in a family house)
- A unique experience in a safe, clean and friendly children’s village
- A wide variety of opportunities in which to help
- The chance to experience the beauty of Uganda in a special way
- A lot of love and fun
Kids of Africa is also recognised as a place for Swiss citizens doing civilian (as opposed to military) service.
If you are interested, please send us an application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!