All volunteers need to fulfil the same requirements in terms of their professional training.
- relevant professional training and/or experience
- good knowledge of English
- high levels of social skills and team focus
- a willingness to improvise
Educators also need to make at least a six-month commitment, so that the children are not exposed to separation situations any more than is necessary.
Manual worker volunteers provide various services in a variety of different time-frames. In our experience, the commitment can be anything between two weeks and two years.
What we offer:
- Food and lodging (in a family house)
- A unique experience in a safe, clean and friendly children’s village
- A wide variety of opportunities in which to help
- The chance to experience the beauty of Uganda in a special way
- A lot of love and fun
Kids of Africa is also recognised as a place for Swiss citizens doing civilian (as opposed to military) service.
If you are interested, please send us an application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!